Monday 1 April 2013

The Yarn Bombed Vase!

Pretty Vase Cover
 
 
I thought the plain glass vase I bought from a local charity shop looked a but dull so I wanted to add some spring colours and get a shot of colour quickly.
I very simply measured the vase and just double crochet a band to which I added buttons and loops to fasten.
I embellished it a little with some pretty pink flowers and leaves I guessed at these as I'm not brilliant at following patterns yet.
This is the back of the band I used some pretty wooden heart buttons just to add some interest to the back.
I used kingfisher blue DK new fashion wool and the flowers where scraps that I picked up in the same charity shop I bought the vase from it was a day of good buys.
Charity shops and second hand shops are among my favourite to shop in as you never know what you might find, I like how you can always find something unique that can make your day without costing the earth.
The title with thanks to Patrice Walker who gave me the idea.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. The vase looks perfect! That's a really nice and simple idea. The colors look very happy and springy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you really appreciate your comments :)means so much x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting always love to hear from you x